How to update subtitle on the web?

If you need help creating subtitles
postmortem

How to update subtitle on the web?

Post by postmortem » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:31 am

Hi, can someone who is more skilled write here guide how to edit and push new version of subtitle? I have tried it a few ways from direct edit on the web tools over the upload now version. But I have not been able to get the edits online. Thx you very much. P. :praise:

slaksm
Editor

Re: How to update subtitle on the web?

Post by slaksm » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 pm

You already received an answer in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=29980

postmortem

Post by postmortem » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:02 pm

slaksm wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 pm
You already received an answer in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=29980
It would be better if you do not answer. I like so stupid people who cannot tell more than "find it on the Google" etc. I am trying to upload here subtitles for czech language and after that I want to update them to improve them. It is so hard to understand this? Do not try to answer me like before again.

Someone who know guide how to update subtitles directly on the web via the Admin ?
Admin panel.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

slaksm
Editor

Post by slaksm » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 pm

I do not know if you're really stupid or you pretending that you're stupid. Your post is confusing.

To do that you have to have admin rights, because users can not do that. If you have admin rights, then you should ask: "how to replace subtitle as an administrator". If you asked that, you would get the correct answer ;)

postmortem

Post by postmortem » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:24 pm

slaksm wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 pm
I do not know if you're really stupid or you pretending that you're stupid. Your post is confusing.

To do that you have to have admin rights, because users can not do that. If you have admin rights, then you should ask: "how to replace subtitle as an administrator". If you asked that, you would get the correct answer ;)
So we must be stupid both of us. "I have tried it a few ways from direct edit on the web tools over the upload new version." = I have access to the Admin tool. Yes, I am asking how to work with this Admin. I have tried many ways to get it to the work but no success. I am able work with GITHUB but there are for me settings little bit confusing.

slaksm
Editor

Post by slaksm » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:24 pm

To update existing subtitle you have to do the following:
1. click on the button Revisions.
2. In Revision list click on the button Upload update and select subtitle - and then click on the button Submit.
3. wait for the system to do its thing.
4. When the system finishes parsing, click on the button Save.
5. Go back to the main admin panel for that subtitle, and click on the button Refresh, to make the new subtitle visible on the site.

And that is all.

postmortem

Post by postmortem » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:16 pm

slaksm wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:24 pm
To update existing subtitle you have to do the following:
1. click on the button Revisions.
2. In Revision list click on the button Upload update and select subtitle - and then click on the button Submit.
3. wait for the system to do its thing.
4. When the system finishes parsing, click on the button Save.
5. Go back to the main admin panel for that subtitle, and click on the button Refresh, to make the new subtitle visible on the site.

And that is all.
I have done same way but nothing new. I have edited subtitles directly in the web and try to save and nothing. It would be nice some complete guide to study how to control it.